About the Role:
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, you will be expected to support the demand creation requirements of Avnet’s key supplier – Xilinx.
As a dedicated Xilinx Field Applications Engineer, the chosen candidate will be responsible for accelerating the adoption of Xilinx – All Programmable Devices including FPGA and SoC (Zynq). The FAE will coordinate efforts with the sales and generalist’s teams to help architect a total solution sell around Xilinx.
The position entails working closely with design engineers / management / and system architects within our customer base to help conceptualise the best mix of HW and SW solutions for their system, delivering technical presentations around those solutions, and demonstrating Xilinx technology.
The focus will be on growing our market with respect to Ultrascale Products, Zynq, FPGA, DSP and High Speed Serial Transceiver design, using tool flows that include Python, C, C++, HDL, Matlab.
An abundant level of training will be provided locally, interstate and overseas to continually keep your skills to the highest level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fully autonomous role with the ability to work within a team environment
- Identify key sales opportunities and responsible for design win growth.
- Ability to work with the sales team to set goals and achieve growth
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate these into detailed system and software solutions
- Responsible for conceptualization, architecture, and optimization of customer design requirements into Xilinx solutions, and translating this effort into an architectural proposal.
- Create example designs with both HW and SW focus
- Create Block Level diagram including rest of board
- Guide customers through Ultrafast Design Methodologies
- Face to Face Training of customers
- Reporting back to Avnet and Xilinx management using SAP amongst other tools.
- Provide post-sales technical support
Primary Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor or Masters in Electronic Engineering
- 3+ years industry experience in FPGA and embedded design
- Experience with Vivado Tool flow
- Good understanding of both hardware and software development process for SoC platforms targeting Zynq
- Understanding and design of various high speed serial designs including PCIe Gen 3, 10G Ethernet, SDI connectivity.
- Understanding and design of DSP methodologies including Matlab
- Familiar with ARM architecture, instruction set, and AXI specifications
- C/C++ Programming experience required
- OS experience including Linux, FreeRTOS
- Good knowledge in VHDL, Tcl languages
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to rapidly establish rapport and credibility
- Fluent English language – Strong presentations skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to transfer knowledge to Xilinx and customer personnel using a consultative/teaching approach
- Driven to achieve a high level of customer/partner satisfaction
- Valid Drivers license is a must
Package will be based on experience. Please indicate your expected package in your application. Package will include Salary, Incentive Program, Car Allowance and Superannuation.